Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mixed Nuts for my Tuesday Blog

The last week has been busy: my youngest daughter had dance recitals on May 28 and 29, rehearsals most of the days leading up to the recitals, then I was off on a business trip until June 2nd. It’s a good thing I had stuff prepared for the blog for the last two weeks…

The whole “dance” thing was the inspiration for this week’s music montage. I hope you will like it! More on that on Friday.

Next couple of weeks aren't much better: trip to Maryland on the week of JUne 13, the end of the school year for my daughters - one of them should be graduating Grade 12 on the 23rd. That same week, I have to keep abreast of tests going on in Maryland and in Gagetown, New Brunswick.

And I forgot to mention... 

This coming Thursday, my son is graduating from his 2-year program at Loyalist College in Belleville. I won’t be able to attend the graduation – my wife will – but I did want to commemorate the occasion by preparing a short Video playlist of “Music for a Graduation Ceremony”. I have posted this playlist on the ITYWLTMT YouTube Channel. The link to the playlist is:


The program line-up is as follows:

  1. Richard WAGNER: “Entrance of the Guests at the Wartburg”, from Act II of Tannhäuser und der Sängerkrieg auf Wartburg, WWV 70 [Performed by the Berlin 2006 Military Tattoo Band, conducted by Colonel Dr. Michael Schramm] 
  2. Giacomo MEYERBEER: “Marche du couronnement” (Coronation March) from Act IV of Le prophète (1849) [Performed by the Radio Bratislava Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Ondrej Lenérd]
  3. Johannes BRAHMSAkademische Festouvertüre (Academic Festival overture), op. 80 [Performed by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Sir Georg Solti]
  4. Nikolai RIMSKY-KORSAKOV: “Procession of the Nobles” from Act 2, Scene 3 of Mlada (1892) [Performed by the Pro Arte Symphony Orchestra, conducted by James Arthur Gardner]
  5. Sir Edward ELGARPomp and Circumstance Match in D Major, op. 39, no. 1 [Performed by the Berliner Philharmoniker, conducted by Daniel Barenboim]
Congratulations to all new graduates!


Finally, I do believe we hit a milestone a few days ago: we now have our first "follower". Now, the pressure is ON for me to be blog-tastic. 

More music coming your way on Friday

[ITYWLTMT wishes to remind that embedded links and their content are provided here for musical enjoyment, and can be experienced on your PC without downloading required if you have access to the Internet. (Downloading files for use on your personal digital companion is generally possible, depending on the site.) Because we are not managing third-party web content, ITYWLTMT does not guarantee the currency of the link – all we can guarantee is that the link worked “as advertised” at the time of the original blog post. Please enjoy!]

No comments:

Post a Comment